Apr 4, 2011 | Atlanta, GA
- American municipalities pay $1 billion a year to haul food waste to rapidly filling landfills where it decomposes releasing greenhouse gases.
- The substitution of synthetic fertilizers with an organic alternative prevents pollution of waterways from runoff and results in healthier and more productive plants.
- Organic fertilizers also reduce dependence on fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions because their production is energy intensive and uses natural gas as a feedstock.
- Gray Ghost Ventures
- MaRC Sustainable Design & Manufacturing
- Brook Byers Institute for Sustainable Systems
- College of Management
- Tedd Munchak Chair in Entrepreneurship
- Institute for Leadership and Entrepreneurship