Mar 20, 2012 | Atlanta, GA
One of the most common ways to get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day is to wear green clothing, in our case, socks. While expressing one’s green inclinations outwardly with colorful attire should never be discouraged, opportunities abound at Georgia Tech to act on, and internalize that spirit of green. So, perhaps St. Patty’s Day is best seen as a warm-up to a whole month of green themed events culminating with Earth Day. Take a look at all that’s happening at Georgia Tech over the next month.
- Every Thursday (Except March 22nd) in Tech Walkway 11 AM – 2 PM - Georgia Tech Farmers Market.
- Now until March 30th - Donate items for the Earth Day Office Supply Exchange.
- Now Until March 30th & at Earth Day on April 20th – E-Waste Recycling. Georgia Tech's Earth Day Planning Committee is once again working with Atlanta Recycling Solutions to host the 7th annual Electronics Recycling Drive during Earth Day 2012.
- March 28th - Building Your Clean Tech Company in the South - Paul Quinlan, Managing Director, North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association.
- Monday April 2nd, 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm, LeCraw Auditorium, College of Management, or watch the free live webcast - IMPACT Speaker Series - Blake Canterbury, the Founder and CEO of beremedy. Beremedy is an organization that uses social media to connect those in need with those who can help.
- Monday April 2nd, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, College of Management Atrium – Ideas to Serve Competition - Poster Showcase and Reception. Join us for an evening of ideas, inspiration, and social innovation.
- Wednesday April 4th, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm, LeCraw Auditorium , College of Management - Final Round of the Ideas to Serve Competition.
April 16 – 20, Think Green Week 2012 – Details on events for Think Green Week are not finalized yet, however here is a preliminary list of events. More details will be available soon, so stay tuned.
- Monday April 16th – Water Symposium Day.
- Tuesday April 17th – Go Outside Day!
- Wednesday April 18th , 3PM to 7PM– Movie and Documentary Day at the Student Center Theater. Movies: Grow! and Tapped
- Thursday April18th – Bike Day
- April 20th, 10AM - 3PM, Tech Walkway - 2012 Georgia Tech Earth Day Celebration -
Come celebrate Earth Day at one of the largest such events in the southeast. The event is free, open to the public and features 70 exhibitors, eco-friendly giveaways, recycling opportunities, a clothing swap, an office supply exchange, live music, organic popcorn, and much more. Also, keep an eye out for the Georgia Tech Engineers for a Sustainable World solar beverage cart.